They are also interested in learning how others have grown successful businesses through putting their voices on the air and by developing podcasts. One of those people is Jordan Harbinger.
Jordan and his co-host A.J. produce a podcast called The Art of Charm, which centers around teaching men how to connect and communicate effectively in both their personal and professional lives.
Jordan also hosted one of the first podcasts on the internet in 2005, called The Pickup Podcast, which opened the door for him and A.J. to have successful careers in satellite radio.
On this week’s episode, Jordan shares his own passion for creating audio content, the story behind his success in broadcasting and why you should only do it if you love it.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What led to Jordan and A.J. cutting a deal with a satellite radio company. (7:45)
- The differences between the satellite radio audience and the podcasting audience. (11:52)
- Why they decided to leave satellite radio and focus entirely on podcasting. (17:02)
- Jordan’s relationship with advertisers and what it is like to be on the PodcastOne network. (32:30)
- What Jordan believes the future of podcasting looks like. (37:55)
Mentioned in the episode:
- **NEW** TMBA Masterminds
- **NEW** Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Jordan Harbinger
- The Art of Charm
- Kevin Durant on The Bill Simmons Podcast
- Tony Hawk on The Art of Charm
- General Stanley McChrystal on The Art of Charm
- Brandi Glanville Unfiltered
- The Big Podcast with Shaq
- The Steve Austin Show
- Talk is Jericho
- TuneIn Radio
- Apple CarPlay
- The Adam Carolla Show
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 341: Alex Blumberg on the Power of Podcasting
- TMBA 354: Who is Mr. Regular? The Story Behind the Hit YouTube Channel Regular Car Reviews
- TMBA 355: How The Dunc’d On Basketball Podcast Became a Business in Just a Year
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian