In a nice bit of serendipity, I was in Singapore last week and I ran into my friend John McIntyre. John is The Autoresponder Guy, but today he didn’t want to talk about email marketing or autoresponders. We got to talking about what you do when you’ve gotten through those first few years of running a business and you’ve reached a certain level of comfort. How do you choose to live once you own your own time? We’ll also talk about John’s experience scaling in year three of a productized service business, and what you can get out of living in Chaing Mai.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Some common misconceptions about being location independent.
- Why doing less work doesn’t always make you more happy.
- How John and I met and how he started his productized service business.
- What happened when John’s business lost 75% of its monthly revenue.
- The benefits of baselining your expenses by living in a place like Chaing Mai.
- What to do after you’ve scaled your business.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- TMBA201: How Hyperfocus In Your Marketing Can Lead To Broader Business Opportunities
- TMBA 131: How We Increased Email Subscribers 257% By Making it Harder to Opt-in
- TMBA 252: Do We Need to Re-Train Ourselves to Enjoy Free Time?
- Early Retirement in the N.F.L. and at Google, and the Paradox of Success
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Ben Krueger
- Bold by Peter H. Diamandis
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian