This week on the Tropical MBA Podcast we decided to give Mark Manson a call to dig further into his idea that “passion is practical.” Mark walked away from big income to focus on a project he was passionate about, and it ended up working out better in the end. Was it just a fluke? Did he get lucky? Or is there a broader lesson in all of this?
On the show this week:
- Why “The Dip” is the exact reason that passion is practical.
- A perfect example of using some pain to be able to transition to a passion based business.
- The power of the “ultimate luxury.”
- What to do if you’re having trouble finding what you’re passionate about (and if your passion doesn’t line up with money).
- How to know if your entrepreneurial prospects are in danger.
People on this episode:
What we’re excited about this week:
- The Unbundling of Craigslist and Reddit
- Marketing For People Who Would Rather Be Building Stuff
- How Laura Poitras Helped Snowden Spill His Secrets
- Finding My 5 Hours
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian
PS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: