This week Dan and Ian are chatting with Peter Griffin, a member of the Dynamite Circle who relocated to Austin, TX about two years ago. Peter is a prototypical digital nomad. Starting his own business has afforded him the ability to travel the world, but now that he’s getting older, he is starting to figure out what is really important to him. We’ll be talking with Peter about why he decided to move to Austin, and what happens to digital nomads when their priorities start to change.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The differences between living in Austin and Portland. (4:47)
- Why the place where you live is just as important as what you do with your life. (6:01)
- What Peter learned from working in an assisted living home. (7:36)
- Why Austin is the number one city for Dynamite Circle members. (14:12)
- Whether Peter believes the principles of The 4-Hour Workweek still hold true today. (21:02)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The ManKind Project
- The 4-Hour Workweek
- Sean Ogle
- The Tim Ferriss Show with Noah Kagan
- Peter’s offline hustlers Facebook group
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA183: What is the Best Place for Location Independent Families?
- TMBA237: Thoughts on the Costs and Logistics of Location Independent Living
- TMBA284: Why Entrepreneurs are Flocking to Spain this Summer
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian