This week you’ll be hearing from someone that Ian has admired, and wanted to chat with, for quite some time: Mr. Regular. Mr. R is one of the hosts of Regular Car Reviews, a very successful YouTube channel that combines car reviews with pop culture, references to literature, social commentary and much more. The results are hilarious, sharp and insightful.
But today’s show is not just for ‘car people’. Mr. Regular also shares his insights on how he got started publishing content on YouTube four years ago, what motivates him and the relationship he seeks to build with his audience.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What led to the inception of Regular Car Reviews. (3:35)
- What Mr. Regular’s business relationship with The Roman is like. (9:31)
- Whether or not Mr. Regular is making a full-time living off of his YouTube channel. (12:26)
- How a car that they built has become the de facto face of their brand. (24:43)
- Why Mr. Regular still worries that Regular Car Reviews could fail. (40:35)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Regular Car Reviews
- Regular Car Reviews: 1995 Mazda Miata MX-5
- Regular Car Reviews: 1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
- Regular Car Reviews: 2004 Ferrari 360 Modena
- The Vagabond Falcon!
- 1991 Ford Festiva: Regular Car Reviews
- Regular Car Reviews on Patreon
- Video Game High School
- Top Gear
- Mighty Car Mods
- Matt Farah
- The Smoking Tire
- Freddy Tavarish
- Ariel Atom
- The Angry Video Game Nerd
- George Carlin on Dennis Miller Live
- Honda Fit
- Maverick by Ricardo Semler
- Garrison Keillor
- Alan Watts
- Advance Auto Parts
- Speedway Motors
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 332: A Conversation with Mr. Money Mustache
- TMBA 336: Matt Farah on Breaking Through
- TMBA 353: On the Bike with Patrick Brady
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian