Ian and I have been wanting to bring an updated reading list to move your journey forward. On this episode, we wax a little philosophical about a variety of the best stuff we’ve been reading.
On the show this week:
- How to choose your way forward like Calvin And Hobbes.
- The key difference between a lifestyle business and a traditional one.
- How to make the difficult choice between financial wealth and control of your own head space.
- The value of challenging your own assumptions.
- Why high friction relationships take precedence over scale.
People on this episode:
What we’re excited about this week:
- Getting Things Done – David Allen
- Purple Cow – Seth Godin
- The Four Hour Work Week – Tim Ferriss
- Bird By Bird – Anne Lamott
- The War of Art – Steven Pressfield
- How Laura Poitras Helped Snowden Spill His Secrets
- Anything You Want – Derek Sivers
- Blinded By The Light – The Epiphany
- Tim Ferriss and Neil Strauss Discuss the Writing Process
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi
- Advice from Bill Watterson – “Creating a Life That Reflects Your Values”
- The Writing Life – Annie Dillard
- A Short History of Nearly Everything – Bill Bryson
- Unconventional Rules of Investing – Joe Kraus
- Things That Don’t Scale – Paul Graham
- New Money Paradigm
- What I Learned From A Short Order Cook
Marc continues to send inspiring photos from his epic road trip!
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian
PS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: