Dan and Ian’s dreamy voices are drifting into your earbuds this week to bring you some insight on a real life experience they’ve just been through… selling a business. You’ll get to hear the fellas 7 points on what they did, and what they will do differently next time they sell a business to get the best results.
They say experience is the best teacher, so listen in to hear first hand what two business savvy gents have to say on the sales process and their golden tips for how to make everything go smoothly.
To Sell, or Not to Sell?
- Why you need to consider upstream customers as well as downstream customers, and what that even means.
- How clear deadlines and expectations when selling a site can save you from massive migraines.
- How a strategy similar to a successful product launch could amplify your site’s sales potential.
- Why you need to paint the picture of what owning your business will be like, and how their life will be after purchasing.
- Mitch Joel – Six Pixels of Separation
- Seth Godin – The Post Obedient Mindset
- Valve Company – Employee Handbook
- Andrew Youderian – eCommerce Fuel
- Built to Sell – (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- Dan Taylor – AppsEvents.com
- Joe Magnotti & Justin Cooke – Empire Flippers
Just The Tips
- FBAR is due – June 30 = GreenBackTaxServices.com
- “Alchemy and You” – Cold Cave
- July 19 – DCx Amsterdam
- October 18 – DC BKK
David Phaler reppin’ the DC wristband
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, just attach a simple .mp3 recording to the email.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.