This episode is part of a series in which Dan and Ian attempt to answer one of the fundamental questions that many location-independent entrepreneurs eventually ask themselves: If I can live anywhere, where should that be?
On this week’s show, they will be focusing on two countries in Southern Europe: Spain and Portugal.
To learn a bit more about Portugal, Dan reached out to Dr. Shannon Weeks, a Natropathic Doctor and Applied Kinesiologist, to share his experience about establishing residency in Portugal and his home city of Lisbon.
You’ll also hear a little bit of Dan’s own personal story, as both he and his girlfriend have recently established residency in Spain.
Listen in as Shannon and Dan give their perspectives on visas, taxes, culture and more.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Shannon and his wife decided to settle in Portugal. (2:55)
- What the entrepreneurial scene is like in Lisbon. (5:56)
- How Barcelona changed Dan’s opinion of Europe. (10:37)
- Shannon’s experience establishing residency in Portugal. (18:17)
- Dan’s advice for people who are looking to establish Spanish residency. (25:05)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Dr. Shannon Weeks
- Jodi Ettenberg
- At Spain’s Door, a Welcome Mat for Entrepreneurs
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 284: Why Entrepreneurs are Flocking to Spain this Summer
- TMBA 345: You’re a Resident of Where?
- TMBA 365: Estonian E-Residency: Is It For You?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian