Last week I was on vacation in Southeast Asia with my family, and we are all huge Penn State fans. I spent some of my most formative years around State College in Pennsylvania. I was thrilled when one of our listeners named Brian (Brian’s website), who teaches at Penn State, reached out to us and asked us to answer some questions for his students at the university. In this week’s episode Ian and I lay out a three-part plan to become location independent out of college, talk about how why you should be looking for an apprenticeship instead of a job, and finally answer one of the questions we get asked the most: why cat furniture?
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How we were able to transition from college to a location independent lifestyle.
- How badly our student loan debt affected our ability to start a business.
- Why you shouldn’t be focused on getting a career out of college.
- The difference between “know-how” and “know-that”.
- How important social media was to scaling our business.
- How we have been able to balance our business partnership with our friendship.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Our 10 Episode Series on Productized Services
- Tim Ferriss
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- There is No Speed Limit by Derek Sivers
- Meatball Sundae by Seth Godin
- Recession-Proof Graduate by Charlie Hoehn
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian