I recently came across an article on TechCrunch that caught my attention, called “Do It For Me Is The Next Big Thing.” Big businesses have been doing “Do-It-For-Me” for decades, but small businesses remain a relatively unconquered frontier. I wanted to talk about it with somebody running a DIFM software business, so I called Mat Newton from The Web Agency Podcast. He recently started a SWaS business, or “Software With a Service” business called Tourism Tiger. This is an ideal business model to take advantage of the huge DIFM opportunity, and we talk about many aspects of it in this episode.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The pros and cons of SWaS and how Mat is executing it in his business.
- Three ways you can put this new business model to work.
- Some businesses that are successfully putting SWaS to use.
- Some business ideas that Mat thinks could be successful.
- How Mat uses these SwaS principles in his own business.
- Some successful techniques for marketing and scaling a SwaS business.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Our 10 Episode Series on Productized Services
- TMBA190: 1,000 True Fans, 100 True Customers, or 10 True Clients
- TMBA227: The Rise of Productized Services
- Sell More Tours by Matthew Newton
- Mat Newton on The Dynamite Circle
- Brian Casel
- How to Productize Your WordPress Theme Development Business (And Make More Money)
- Rob Walling
- Lead Fuze
- Town Web Design
- Optimize Press
- Start-Up Chile
- Hacker News
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian