A few weeks ago Ian and I recorded a podcast where we asked the question– what if we invited a small group of entrepreneurs to a tropical island this summer and help them launch their startups?
The response was great– 50 people contacted us regarding the program in one way or another. One of the biggest pieces of feedback we heard was why wait?
Fair enough! Let’s get started!
What will the first Tropical MBA be?
You can hear more of the thinking, attitude, and approach in our podcast. But here’s the broad strokes:
- An intensive 8-week program with your peers, my team, and expert mentors from our network. Great for new start-ups or existant businesses looking to get to the next level.
- 2-4 weeks in person instruction in the Philippines (2 weeks required, you can stay at the resort for a total of 4 weeks rent free, we’ll include that in the price).
- 1 on 1 coaching with Ian and myself. We’ll help you determine your minimum viable products or next level business strategy. We’ll be comprehensive and pry for all the details of your particular situation. We’ll be 100% honest with you and demand that the whole group operate the same. No ego padding allowed– successful businesses depend on great information, not flattery.
- 2 weeks of detailed instruction, masterminds, and planning before you venture to our quiet resort in the Philippines.
- 4 weeks of post-trip follow-up sessions, including a private sub-forum in the Dynamite Circle (including 6 months of free membership).
- 100% support and guidance from our technical and design team (some of whom will be on location). Nobody is going to get snagged up with basic technology issues.
- Ballpark price for this event will be 2K. We’ll be including 4 weeks of lodging and 2 weeks of healthy food.
- Not only tons of fun, but my personal goal is that attendees would feel that their time spent with us this summer was some of the most productive of their life.
Why is the price so low?
I know it probably sounds like I’m full of crap, but the biggest piece of feedback I received from people is “raise the price!” A lot of people have asked us how we can make money at this price point.
The truth is, we won’t make money on this project. We are truly lucky to have a growing business on our hands (our Q1 annualized run rate is 1.5+ mil), so we don’t have build a ton of margin in to our fun projects.
This is what I’d want to do with my time anyway! I just want to make sure we cover our costs and have a little left over to make it worth our energy and team’s time.
I want to keep this fun, inexpensive, and effective. We hope that your 2 or 4 weeks spent in the Philippines will be cheaper than what you’d spend back home. The price of the event will include coffee, tea, snacks, and 3 awesome meals a day. You don’t need to spend a dime beyond that if you don’t want to.
I need your help now if you’d are thinking of attending (You’ll get an email notification with the detailed offer before the offer goes public):
Based on the feedback I’ve received so far, we are making arrangements for 10 start-ups to join us in the Philippines this summer. If you have any real interest in being one of those 10 start-ups (and paying 2K for 8 weeks of instruction, guidance, and room / board in the Philippines) I’d like you to send me an email within 48 hours. I need you your advice on the following:
* * *
If the form above doesn’t load in your browser, you can follow this link.
* * *
We’ll email anyone who filled out the form this weekend and give them a chance to reserve a spot before we publish the offer publicly next week.
On Friday night I’ll send an email out to members of our Dynamite Circle. They’ll have first dibs to reserve spots. On Saturday or Sunday I’ll emailing the readers who filled out the form.
Cheers and thanks for reading!
PS, if you want to price check flights, you’ll be flying to Manila, Philippines. (MNL)