Is it possible to go from being successful blogger to writing a book that tops the Internet charts within the space of a year? In this week’s episode Dan talks to Taylor Pearson, an author who has done exactly that. Tune in and find out how.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Taylor outlines his writing routine. (8:29)
- How much of the original draft went in the final version. (6:48)
- Deadlines – how a plane ticket home for Christmas focused Taylor’s mind. (7:24)
- The benefits of reaching out to your blog readers for feedback. (13:30)
- Dan and Taylor share some book recommendations. (17:46)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
- How to Build a Portable Podcast Studio
- Mark Manson
- Jodi Ettenberg
- Jeff Root
- Jesse Lawler
- Ben Krueger
- Elisa Doucette
- Liar’s Poker by Michael Lewis
- Malcolm Gladwell
- The Blind Side by Michael Lewis
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Waking Up by Sam Harris
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- The Climb by Chris Froome
- Slaying the Badger by Richard Moore
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Reis
- Tim Ferriss
- The Gate by Francois Bizot
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA297: Why You’re Going to Have to Become an Entrepreneur Eventually (So You Might as Well Do it Now)
- TMBA281: An Episode for Those Who Like to Read
- TMBA274: When You’ve Built Yourself a Job Instead of a Business
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian