As Dan and Ian gear up to launch their first Tropical MBA course to the masses, they’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about start-ups, marketing, and business practice in general.
These are the things that the guys will be teaching small groups of entrepreneurs and aspiring start-ups this summer from beautiful Puerto Galera in the Philippines.
If you have any real interest in being one of those 10 start-ups (and paying 2K for 8 weeks of instruction, guidance, and room / board in the Philippines) I’d like you to fill out the form below within 48 hours. This will sign you up for our exclusive pre-sale, before we launch the Tropical MBA officially to the public next Tuesday.
All this thinking has led to a higher-than-average consumption of wine and Bintang, a lot of power naps, Ian taking up hot yoga, and some epic brainstorming.
Why are some ridiculous people successful? Why do otherwise brilliant ideas fail? Can you really source an entire business set-up buying gigs on Fiverr?
The key, as outlined by Steven Pressfield in The Art of War, is resistance. Resistance is rarely obvious in it’s inception and even harder to identify once you are fully entrenched.
That’s why it’s so important to keep an eye out for these 8 Lesser Recognized Forms Of The Resistance:
- Anything that prevents you from having the best product
- Being smart
- Rationalizing your job
- Doing SEO, tech, specialization that you aren’t specialized in
- Having people sign NDA’s
- Going to conferences to learn critical information
- Getting your friends to partner up
- Hiring interns, VA’s, and other employees without knowing what’s what?
Listener Questions Answered:
- It would be cool to see how you guys structure things to make the magic happen. What lessons did you learn in building your business organizationally? What positions in your company are critical? What positions did you hire for that you wouldn’t have hired for in retrospect, etc? – Matthew Paulson
Quick Tips, Tricks and Funny Jokes
- Masterminds – If you want to create one and don’t have the platform, we’ll help!
- Tim Conley of Foolish Adventure
- Incipio iPhone cases
Have fun. Leave a comment. Give us a ring. 888-554-8428. Go make it happen! :)
Episode length: 32:16
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store for free!
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.